Silai Centreson Demand
Among the numerous homemakers in Indian villages, are many women who want to engage in a productive activity. Many women and girls in the Badaun district asked for a centre that would teach stitching. They were keen to acquire a skill that would help them to save on the cost of stitching
their own clothes plus keeping engaged. Many of them wanted to become self sufficient financially. A skill like this would help them to earn money by stitching clothes and earn a living.
- Space for the centre is provided by the village Pradhan or any village volunteer
- Furniture, sewing machines and trainers are provided by Angelique Foundation
- A trainer from the same or a nearby village with diploma in stitching is hired to teach the course.
- The course runs for about 6-months duration with a daily class of 2 hours.
- A nominal fee of Rs. 50 per month is charged from the beneficiaries.
- This fee keeps the women committed to completing the course.
- The money is used to replace consumables like needles and thread.